Lead Software Architect
We are looking for an experienced software architect to be one of the early team members in a technology-led company. Be a lead contributor in creating actionable insights out of real-time data. We are looking for a lead architect to help us engineer a next-generation web service for the real-time social web. This position will make key contributions to our broad IP base. This is an ideal position for an entrepreneurial & experienced engineer who wants to work with big data, solve real-world customer problems and work in a technology-centric organization. Experience with algorithmic search, advertising systems, social media ecosystems and real-time data services is all a plus, but not required.
- Develop and scale our core platform
- Manage server provisioning and maintenance
- Integrate a diverse set of internal and external data sources
- Generate and handle large sets of structured and unstructured data
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with others
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures and statistics
- At least 5 years of development experience using some variation of the LAMP stack
- Proficiency in Python, MySQL and Mongo DB or similar
- Experience using Amazon Web Services or similar
- Be an independent thinker with high standards with regard to finished products
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects on time and on schedule
- Prior experience building digital advertising solutions or social media tools is a major plus
- Proficiency with open source technologies such as Redis and RabbitMQ is a major plus
- Experience with .NET and C# is a plus
Front-End Development Intern
We are a small, tight-knit team working at a fast pace and are looking for someone that can keep up. We promise you won't be left behind though (or stuck in a cube and forgotten). You will have direct access to a team of experienced entrepreneurs and engineers and will get your hands dirty on day one. Your role will involve real projects that will become part of our product. We promise you won't be shuffling papers or fetching coffee.
Our ideal candidate is someone who looks at new tools and technology and immediately starts considering the possibilities. Someone who is obsessed with tech and is thoughtful about the best way to use it. Someone who can take those ideas and make them a reality.
Here are a few projects we have in mind:
- Create a mobile app
- Integrate with Pinterest
- Add photo uploads to our posting tool
What you actually do will depend on your skills and experience as well as how quickly you get things done.
- Produce interface mockups and prototypes
- Test and evaluate your designs with our team
- Work with an engineer to transform your prototype into production quality code
- Deploy your code
- Rinse and repeat
- At least one finished, deployed project. It doesn't have to be big. Just show us something you built and finished. Don't have one? Weekend hackathon!
- Experience using modern web technologies. Which ones doesn't really matter as long as you are willing to learn others. Some examples are HTML5, Backbone, Node.js and MongoDB.
- Interface design experience is a big plus
We are seeking our first Sales Professional. You’ll be joining a team of seasoned entrepreneurs in the advertising and social media space as we build a disruptive social marketing technology platform. You will represent an industry-leading solution that is at the forefront of social marketing. You will be responsible for generating revenue by sourcing and closing a broad range of technology and media deals. You will cultivate deep relationships with customers at both senior and tactical levels of Fortune 500 companies and their agencies. You should have a strong direct client and media agency network.
If you like to work in a fast-paced environment focused on solving real-world customer problems, we are for you. If you are a creative, high velocity, results-oriented media seller with a passion for what social marketing can bring to advertisers and a drive to exceed goals and achieve at the highest standard of sales excellence, we are for you. And if you believe that successful social media marketing is going to take more than repurposed tonnage techniques from search and display, we are for you.
Experience working in a media, marketing services, advertising technology, or social media ecosystem is preferred.
- Proven experience selling advertising technology and media, experience with complex deal structuring, an ability to navigate across complex organizations, an ability to establish credibility quickly, willingness to take action, make decisions and lead.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8 years of business development, sales or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of online/social ads sales experience
- Network ad sales experience is a plus
- Excellent leadership, prioritization, communication, analytic and quantitative skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to creatively source and close business
- Active social media participation and engagement preferred; handles and URLs will be requested as part of the interview process.
Lead Social Data Scientist
We are looking for a very early technology staff member. Be the first to apply and develop technologies that create actionable insight out of real-time data that drives business impact. This is your chance to work with massive amounts of data and be an industry leader in its management and applicability. We are looking for a someone to be the primary researcher working on real-time social web data and the foundations of proprietary algorithms. This is an ideal position for experienced researchers interested in working on real-time web data or recent CS/Advanced Mathematics graduate students.
- Proven experience with text mining, semantic and sentiment analysis, and machine learning (supervised and un-supervised) of large data sets
- Proven experience with Information Retrieval algorithms (text classification, SVM)
- Operational experience dealing with large scale unstructured / structured data sets
- Experienced with building statistical models
- Programming experience in any of the common languages – C, C++, C#, Java, Python (language is not as important as the experience).
- CS or Mathematics graduate educational background